The actions on the recognition of academic qualifications build on the priorities outlined in the South East 2020 Strategy and the work carried out by ERI SEE as part of the ERI SEE Work Programme, as well as the work within the framework of the Bologna process and the relevant recommendations adopted by the Ministers of Education at the Bologna Ministerial Conference in May 2015 as outlined in the Yerevan Communique, and is stressed as a priority withing the Mobility pillar of the Multiannual Action Plan on the Regional Economic Area (MAP), endorsed by Prime ministers of the region.
With that in mind, continuous activities are held:
- on 14th December 2017, Belgrade, RCC and ERI SEE jointly organized a Seminar on Recognition of Academic Qualifications, to address the Western Balkans Six focus on development of automatic recognition procedures of academic qualifications in the region and commitment to removing of obstacles. (Agenda_Seminar on Recognition of Academic Qualifications_14Dec2017, Report_Seminar on Recognition of Academic Qualifications_14Dec2017)
- on the 15th December 2017, Belgrade, the Joint Education Reform Initiative of South East Europe (ERI SEE) and Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) Working Group on Recognition of Academic Qualifications (WG RAQ) the Western Balkans Six (WB6) was formalized and agreed on the Working Group’s Terms of Reference and the Work Plan on Recognition of Academic Qualifications 2018-2019. (Agenda 1st meeting of the WG RAQ _15 Dec 2017)
- on 26th March 2018, the 2nd meeting of the Working Group on Recognition of Academic qualifications (WG RAQ), followed by the seminar on automatic recognition, took place in Podgorica (Draft_Agenda_2nd meeting of the WG RAQDraft Agenda_Seminar on Quality Assurance and Recognition of Academic Qualifications in the WB)
- on 14th June, the 3rd meeting of the WG RAQ was organized in Brussels (Draft_Agenda_3rd meeting of the WG RAQ,
- on 26th June, the results of the work of the WG RAQ were presented during the 7th Ministerial meeting under the European Commission’s Western Balkans Platform on Education and Training (https://ec.europa.eu/education/events/7th-meeting-western-balkans-platform_en)