Education Reform Initiative of South Eastern Europe (ERI SEE), in cooperation with the Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia (MSE), and Agency for Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Croatia (AZVO), and supported by the Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) organised the Workshop on the recognition of higher education qualifications and quality assurance in higher education. The workshop was organised in Zagreb, Croatia, on 25 October and 26 October 2022.
The workshop was the result of the interests expressed within the framework of the RCC and ERI SEE Joint Working Group on the recognition of academic qualifications (WG RAQ), which has been meeting continuously to facilitate the recognition of higher education qualifications in the Western Balkan 6 region. The main goal of the workshop was to cover the following topics:
- Policy updates in the field of recognition of higher education (HE) qualifications (for the purpose of employment in non-regulated professions), with focus on the recognition and assessment of foreign education qualifications related to refugees without documents
- Link between the recognition of HE qualification and accreditation
- The use of information tools for recognition and accreditation processes
- Informal meeting of the South Eastern European ENIC NARIC Network.
During the first day of the meeting, 25 October 2022 representatives of the recognition bodies from the region met to discuss the recognition of the HE qualification. On the first part of the second day, 26 October 2022, the representatives of recognition bodies and QA bodies worked together on the topics of recognition and accreditation, while the second part of the day two was dedicated to discussion amongst quality assurance (QA) agencies.
The meeting presentations can be downloaded here:
- Tina Šarić: Workshop guiding presentation – download
- Loredana Maravić: Key legislative changes in the acts on the recognition of education qualifications – download
- Sabina Zajc: „Legislative Changes “ Assessment and Recognition of Education Act – download
- Sabina Zajc: Recognition of qualifications for refugees– download
- Emita Blagdan: Implementation of the new Act on recognition and assesssment of foreign education qualifications – download
- Dženan Omanović: Implementation of the Article 7 of the Lisbon Recognition Convention in Bosnia and Herzegovina – download
- Anita Jesenko: IT system supporting the recognition process – Digitalization of the recognition process – download
- Ivana Borošić: Quality Assurance in Higher Education example of institutional re accreditation links between QA and recognition of qualifications – download
- Marina Grubišić: IT support to the accreditation process – download
- Andrej Krček: IT support to accreditation process – download
- Marina Cvitanušić Brečić and Marina Grubišić: DEQAR and national data – download