The ERI SEE Secretariat organised a meeting of international projects active in the South Eastern Europe in the area of pre-tertiary education and training on Wednesday 13.07.2022. for the purpose of exchanging information about the projects funded by international donors currently being implemented in the SEE region in the area of pre-tertiary education and training.
The meeting was focused on the updates regarding the current developments within projects, the next steps and concrete outputs expected.
The following projects and institutions were presented on this occasion:
- Enhancements in the quality of education and training in South Eastern Europe – Ms Tina Šarić, ERI SEE
- Aligning Education and Training with Labour Market Needs – ALLED Phase II in Kosovo* – Ms Efka Heder, ALLED II
- Development of model of dual education in Serbia – Ms Ana Stojanović, Chamber of commerce, Serbia
- Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Ms Majda Tolić, GIZ, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Western Balkans School Exchange Scheme – Ms Aida Bojić, GIZ, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Fit for Jobs – Improving the quality of TVET through systematic involvement of the private sector in Kosovo* – Ms Edona Nahi, GIZ, Kosovo*
- Dialogue on Employment Creation, Initiative and Dual Education (DECIDE) – Mr Ivan Stojanović, GIZ, Serbia
- Regional Project School Meets Business (SmB), Effective quality development in schools and colleges of vocational education and training through successful change management, Improvement of the quality and relevance of vocational education and training in Bosnia and Herzegovina 2021 – 2030 based on the Riga recommendations, AL-VET – Quality for All – Ms Monika Mott, OeAD
- Work of the SDC in Serbia, including project From Education to Employment E2E – Ms Jovana Mihajlović, SDC
- Education for Employment in North Macedonia – Mr Kurt Wüthrich, Helvetas
- Skills for Jobs (S4J) project in Albania – Ms Eltjana Plaku, SDC
- Work of the SDC in Bosnia and Herzegovina – Ms Issabele Wyss, SDC
The next meeting of the representatives of the donor-funded projects in the SEE region will be organised in December 2022.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status and is in line with UNCSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.