In accordance with the strategic framework in the area of education and training, which specified improving the quality and efficiency of education and training as one of the strategic objectives crucial for the success of Europe and the region, and for enhancing employability, ERI SEE prioritised this topic. There is a general understanding in the SEE region that education systems should develop along the lines of policy guidance directed at, among others, adopting and implementing quality standards in education, introducing internal assessment and external evaluation of education, improving education systems outcomes for greater employability and greater achievements, improving access to education, skills matching the labour market needs, increasing levels of basic and transversal/soft skills among teachers and consequently students, and creating opportunities for permanent in-service teacher trainings. Increase in the level of digitalisation is also deemed necessary for the increase in the quality of education and better preparation for students for the life and work in the modern era.
Within the framework of ERI SEE, the activities organized with a view of supporting this strategic framework and understanding, aiming at increasing the quality of education, included:
- the set-up of the Regional group of experts in the Quality Assurance in general education, composed of representatives of agencies dealing with various aspects of quality assurance
- enabling their cooperation in a structured framework, consisting of regular annual meetings and planning project activities
- offering possibilities to exchange practices, experiences and expertise as well as learn from peers, through joint regional activities and consultations.
Regional gatherings were organize in:
Belgrade, 25th May 2017
Zagreb, 8th November 2017
Podgorica, 6th and 7th December 2018
Belgrade, 24th and 25th October 2019
The Study on the Teacher Education and Training Needs Analysis Systems in SEE has been published in September 2020. The online publication can be downloaded here.
Joint Meeting of the SEE Teacher Education and Training Network (SEE TET Network) and SEE Network of Experts in Quality Assurance in General Education (QA in General Education Network) on Quality Education in Times of COVID-19 took place on 29th September 2020 and was organised in the ERI SEE – ETF cooperation
- HANNAH GRAINGER CLEMSON, European Commission: Guidelines on blended learning and steps further – download
- HERMAN FRANSSEN, Dutch Inspectorate: The role of the Dutch Inspectorate in monitoring teaching and learning under the COVID-19 circumstances on Dutch example – download
- IVONA ČELEBIČIĆ, proMENTE: Evidence-informed policy making – BiH case-study of research on attitudes of teachers, parents and students
- MIRVAN XHEMAILI, Bureau for the development of education, Republic of North Macedonia: The use of research for digitalisation and planning ahead – download
- OLIVERA TODOROVIĆ, Institute for the advancement of education, Serbia Teachers as factors of quality education – download
- TINA ŠARIĆ, ERI SEE, Main conclusions from SEE TET Study on needs analysis systems – download
Webinar titled Support to the education and training systems in times of COVID-19: Quality of VET was organised on 25 November 2020 by Education Reform Initiative of South Eastern Europe – ERI SEE Secretariat in cooperation with the European Training Foundation – ETF. More information about the webinar together with the presentations is available here.