Teacher education and trainings
The subject of teacher education and training has long been in the focus of the cooperation in the SEE region. The policy makers have recognized the importance of the subject, stressing out its importance for the overall increase in the quality of education. For that reason, ERI SEE, together with its partner European Training Foundation (ETF) initiated the Teacher Education and Training Network for South East Europe (SEE TET Network), with its establishing meeting held in Belgrade on 28th June 2018.
The members of the SEE TET Network are representatives of agencies in charge of teacher education and training (continuous professional developments – CPDs) and ministries of education, who identified the critical issues for which regional peer learning and exchanges of practices can be beneficial and stimulating. Some of those critical issues, around which the regional cooperation will revolve, include digitalisation (increase in digital skills, use of digital tools in classrooms and in CPDs), needs analysis systems for CPDs (identifying needs at individual, school and state level, CPD planning at school and state level etc.), quality of CPDs (training of trainers, measuring impact and effectiveness, on-line data-base of courses and participants, standards for trainers and trainings etc.).
Initial meeting of the SEE Teacher Education and Training network, Belgrade, 28th June 2018:
The second meeting of the SEE Teacher Education and Training Network took place during the Launching and Thematic Conference: Regional Cooperation for Quality Education and Training, held in Belgrade on 26th October 2018.
The third meeting of the SEE Teacher Education and Training Network took place in Podgorica, on 29th May 2019, focusing on the subject of need analysis for teachers’ professional development:
The Study on the Teacher Education and Training Needs Analysis Systems in SEE has been published in September 2020. The online publication can be downloaded here.
The fourth meeting of the SEE Teacher Education and Training Network has been organised online on 10th July 2020. Meeting documents:
The fifth meeting of the SEE Teacher Education and Training Network has been organised online on 10th July 2020 on the topic Sharing experiences in responding to the COVID-19 challenges.
Joint Meeting of the SEE Teacher Education and Training Network (SEE TET Network) and SEE Network of Experts in Quality Assurance in General Education (QA in General Education Network) on Quality Education in Times of COVID-19 took place on 29th September 2020 and was organised in the ERI SEE – ETF cooperation
- HANNAH GRAINGER CLEMSON, European Commission: Guidelines on blended learning and steps further – download
- HERMAN FRANSSEN, Dutch Inspectorate: The role of the Dutch Inspectorate in monitoring teaching and learning under the COVID-19 circumstances on Dutch example – download
- IVONA ČELEBIČIĆ, proMENTE: Evidence-informed policy making – BiH case-study of research on attitudes of teachers, parents and students
- MIRVAN XHEMAILI, Bureau for the development of education, Republic of North Macedonia: The use of research for digitalisation and planning ahead – download
- OLIVERA TODOROVIĆ, Institute for the advancement of education, Serbia Teachers as factors of quality education – download
- TINA ŠARIĆ, ERI SEE, Main conclusions from SEE TET Study on needs analysis systems – download